Retro Revival: Mid Century Bathroom Fixtures
Here are some of the key features you can expect to find in mid century bathroom fixtures:
1. Clean lines – Mid century bathroom fixtures are known for their minimalist designs. They typically feature clean, straight lines with very little ornamentation.
2. Organic shapes – While the lines may be straight, mid century modern designers often incorporated organic shapes into their designs as well. Curved edges and rounded corners can be found on many mid century bathroom fixtures.
3. Bold colors – Bright colors were a hallmark of mid century modern design. Bathroom fixtures were often painted in bold hues like avocado green, mustard yellow, or deep blue.
4. Chrome finishes – Chrome was another popular material used for mid century bathroom fixtures. The shiny finish adds a touch of glamour to any bathroom space.
5. Space-saving designs – Mid century homes often had smaller bathrooms than we’re used to today. As such, many mid century bathroom fixtures were designed to be space-saving without sacrificing style or functionality.
Examples of mid century bathroom fixtures include pedestal sinks with tapered legs, oval-shaped medicine cabinets with built-in lighting, and porcelain toilets with chrome flush handles.
If you’re thinking about incorporating mid-century style into your own bathroom remodel, there are plenty of options available from both vintage and contemporary sources. Start by browsing online marketplaces like Etsy or local antique shops for authentic pieces from the era. Alternatively, if you prefer newer pieces that evoke the same aesthetic but come with updated features like improved water conservation or modern plumbing standards, look for reproduction items from popular brands like Kohler or Delta Faucet Company.
No matter what direction you choose when it comes to mid century bathroom fixtures, one thing is certain: they’ll add classic style and timelessness to your home’s most functional space.